Bee Brush and Hive Tool

When I bought my smoker I also purchased a bee brush. I've never held one in my hand and so I assumed it would have ever-so-soft bristles. While the bristles are a little longer than the average brush like you might get with a dust pan, it feels like they have the same amount of rigidity to my hand.
If I feel like I need to add another to my tools, I'll just get a dust pan and broom from my local Dollar Store, cut all but one row of bristles off, call it a bee brush and save myself $3.95.



I also ordered a hive tool at the same time (and have already broken it) for the bargain price of $3.90 . However, my new best friend, The Bee Guy, tells me that the exact same thing is available at Harbor Freight for .97 cents. Dang it.

3 comments:

  1. I plan on using the brush to my broken ice scraper just to avoid buying one

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't consider this an essential tool. On the couple of occasions that I've used mine, it seemed to make them more agitated than other methods like giving the frame a sharp tap to knock them off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang it! Just paid $12 for a hive tool and thought I was getting a bargain!

    ReplyDelete